USAT LIBERTY WRECK
This shipwreck is most likely one of the favorites dive sites in Bali. The USAT Liberty was a former WWII cargo, outfitted with only a stern gun and a bow gun (still in place). The wreck is about 120 m long and lies on sandy bottom since 1963. Therefore, it is perfectly camouflaged with abundant soft and hard coral colonies.
Accessible for all-levels of diving as the shallowest parts are about 5m and the deepest around 30 m. Highly recommendable is to explore the Liberty Wreck at night as the interaction of bump head parrotfishes, marbled groupers and giant moray eels is a unique experience you surely won’t regret.
- Access from shore at Tulamben
- Current: non-existent to moderate
- Shallow & Deep Dive
- Abundant fish colonies, humphead parrotfishes, hawksbill turtle, napoleon wrasses, schools of fusiliers, nudibranchs, multiple sea anemonies, leaf scorpionfish, warty frogfish, commensal shrimps, boxer & decorator crabs, giant moray eel, spanish dancers
- Ideal for entry-level experience, novice, intermediate and experienced divers. Why not?
- PADI Advanced Diver, PADI Deep, Wreck, Fish-ID & Sidemount Diver Specialties as well